Rabu, 13 Oktober 2010

Revolution from a "Gaptek Girl" to be a "Digital Girl"

Second course of Technology and Language Learning, Pak Iwan showed videos about use of technology in students’ life. Those were so cool. Students in western country learn, act, and even live with technology. It likes they wear a cloth and eat everyday. Beside they are supported by comprehensive technology tools, they also have passion in integrating their skill in using technology.

                Let you know. There is Sam. She is a girl who has her own world by technology. She also developed her musical skill by utilizing technology. She is both a multitalented and a digital girl. I like Sam because she showed that a girl also has capability in technology, not only boy who is usually to be majority. It likes feminism.

                If Sam is musical talented, I am have a little competence in painting. I thought if I can use technology to help my work, may be I can draw or paint more easily. But see, I cannot operate Corel Draw well. I prefer to draw manually by hand so I cannot follow as what Sam did.

Then, there were 8 years boys who use to operate technology intensively and good in developing his project by that. Even tough he may be use to spend more time in facing technology, he still have spare time to join outdoor activity and play with his friends. Thing that made me amazed is by utilizing technology, he is care about environment and willing to share knowledge to other people even though he never meet those people.


              So I looked on my self. I am older than that boy about ten years but what I‘ve ever done for environment. Even I have no high skill in technology field. I should do more, right? How careless I am if I am still not care after watching that video. So I should learn technology, I should make a friendship with technology, and I should not be ‘gaptek’. It is because I am going to be a perspective teacher and I should do not only for my self but also for environment. I hope it is not just a slogan in temporary moment but an awareness that sound in my soul so I can pass the course by bring something progressive in the end. I believe I can because I’m gonna be a digital girl !!!!   #(^_^)#






7 komentar:

  1. whooaaa,,,
    that is very good indah,
    no matter what, no matter how.
    if there is still great desire to learn, Nothing is Impossible!!

    Keep yourself in the way you want to be.
    fight!

    BalasHapus
  2. indah.... good job!!!

    painting is so much fun, but IT is more fun, hehehe.....

    congrats, digital girl, keep fighting!!!

    BalasHapus
  3. @Si Niko Gendud Bola Bowling:
    Thank you my dear friend..let's have fun learnings..always keep in high spirit ^_^

    @Lia:
    thank you my cute friend,,, both of them have own characteristics and challenges.. n it likes an adventure to explore them more.. keep fighting n smileeee \\(^_^)//

    BalasHapus
  4. 1. the pictures are awsome, cool all thumbs up :)
    2. yes, we have to be multitalented. break the perspective if the IT experts are always be passive, not care each other, individualist. i believe you can do it.
    3. i like the way you express your ideas. like this :)

    BalasHapus
  5. Dear Indah,
    Technology is growing up from year to year, so we do not have to be "gaptek" girl. Never stop learning, what's something brand new...

    BalasHapus
  6. Congrats Mbak Indah, your pictures is so beautiful.
    I like it

    Keep spirit to be a digital girl.

    Visit my blog juga ya..
    ovnia.blogspot.com
    :)

    BalasHapus
  7. Be confident Indah, maybe for now we only "ordinary" digital native, but at the end or in the middle of course it possible for us to expand our skill to use technology further more. Honestly, I also have the same problem with you. if I see from the year of my birth year,I am a "digital native" BUT in fact I am still learning a lot of new things about technology (like what digital immigrants do). So the best way to do is keeping learning, and learning, so we can be REAL digital native right??!!

    BalasHapus