Senin, 18 Oktober 2010

Falling in Love with "Environmental Education"

              Since the first I knew that there would be two optional courses (Multimedia Production and Environmental Education), I was sure that I was going to chose Environmental Education. Why? It is just a simple reason, because I like green. It interpreted many things. It was not because I dislike technology but more about a call from the nature (^_^) hehe…

              Environment is my place to live. Environment is my friend. Environment is adventure. Environment is a mystery, for me. So it likes a pleasure challenge to study within environment.

              I love so much that course and it was proven so pleasurable. It was cool when Bu Stien showed us the metaphorical video about environment condition which treated like musical orchestra. Here are the plots of the video. At the first, the musical orchestra played the musical instruments slowly like in introduction of a song. It interpreted a “creation” of nature. There were beauty, balance, peacefulness, and symphony. At the middle, the song changed into different tone. The pianist did not obey the orchestra’s director and played the piano arbitrarily. The tempo ran faster and faster. The other players followed the pianist playing. They played emotionally with high speed of musical movement. The tone stroke hard, was full of anger. And then the song was played overload. The musical instruments started to be broken. Violins, piano, bass, and drum were broken suddenly. Those conditions described of “destroying”, contamination both of air and water, fire, traffic jam, storm and death. The orchestra did not work anymore. Then the pianist realized his mistake. He started to press some tuts piano which were still functionable. He played slowly like tried to build a calm song. The other orchestra’s players started to play their secondary musical instruments, played together with the pianist. This metaphor showed as a “reconstruction” of nature. That was an amazing video. I got the message. I got its impression.








                Well, the other activities of that course were interesting too. We were asked to draw something that reflected our selves. I drew butterfly. Like my name, butterfly is beautiful  (^_^). It is colorful and my life is colorful too. It can fly and I hope I can fly as high as my dream. It help flower to do pollination so that flower can product a new generation. I hope in my life I can help people around me and can give contribution to environment.



                We also made a foundation’s pyramid of environment’s aspects and did an interesting game. The game was employing natural resources with candies and chocolates were acted as the resources. All of activities class (watching video, group working, building pyramid, game) helped me to reflect what I have done and what I will do to environment, place where I live in. If I took many candies and chocolates, the rests would be little and more little if took more. It means if I take so many nature resources from environment without any feedback to environment, the resources may be lose some years later and it will be disaster for me and for other humans.

                Actually Environmental Education course give me much reflection to do not destroy our earth. We never know that actually our earth is crying while it serve us in whole our life. So we have to love earth, save earth, and do the concert. Reduce more foot prints and create more hand prints. It means reduce to do destroying and do more safety action for our earth     \(^o^)/  !!!!!!


Additional information:
                I sketched the butterfly picture in home but I colored it when I was in Semantics and Lexicology class until I finished it. I’m sorry for Pak Okki I did it in your class. I still followed your course all the time. I just needed to do something when I heard something for two and a half hours. So, both of my ears and hands worked together. It’s part of case of multiple intelligences, isn’t Pak Iwan? For addition, in order that I didn’t fall asleep and it worked well, yeah…!!!!    \(^o^)/

2 komentar:

  1. Ehm... Pak Oki is well-notified hehehe.... siap2 dijewer kupingnya! (becanda ding!)
    Ok, so you are in love, but with whom? the environmental education or the environment itself? I hope it is more with the environment rather than the course about it.
    Because as a lover, I suppose that you would do anything for your love; and if your love is for the environment, I am waiting for what you would do for it. :)

    BalasHapus
  2. hai indah

    i like this statement
    Actually Environmental Education course give us much reflection to do not destroy our earth.

    we should to increase about our care to environment
    isn't it???/
    visit to my blog

    http://iikiklimah.blogspot.com/

    BalasHapus